About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wild Weather

Lesson learned about travelling across the USA in July: the weather is very unpredictable. We have had everything from thunderstorms to tornadoes, flooding to dry dessert heat, and even some perfect days. Sometimes we could see the weather coming while other times it was a complete surprise. The tornado weather in South Dakota was a surprise, we knew the weather was bad, we could see the lightening in the distance and luckily decided to pull off the road just in time to take shelter in a roadside rest stop. Rain and sun for Independence Day, just took a change of city. California went from gloomy cool to hot and sultry. We even brought rain with us to Arizona; think sheets of rain at the Grand Canyon and in Flagstaff. To finish the trip: multiple thunder storm crossing Michigan. As we drove towards home it got to the point we had to pull to the side of the highway because I couldn't see the road ahead of me. Don't get me wrong, I do love storms. I love watching them roll in and the lightening streaking across the sky. I do not however like to drive on the highway in them, particularly as many other drivers neglect to turn on their headlights. Oh well despite the storms that plagued us we drove for three weeks across the States, safe and sound, enjoying the sights along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment