About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

En route from AZ to OK - July 19

HOT! and since we are going east the humidity is rising. It has been interesting watching the landscape change back to what we are more familiar with. New Mexico was beautiful with its red rocks and scrub. Still felt like cowboy country a bit. Texas is flat! Very flat, with a good number of cows just waiting to be turned into hamburgers etc. MOOOOO! Stopped outside Amarillo to see the Cadillac Ranch. For those of you who do not know what that is let me explain. Years ago somebody got the idea to stick ten Cadillacs into the ground, tail up, and paint them. No clue as to why but they still stand today in a field along I-40. Blink and you will miss them but there is something irresistible about going out into that field and adding you painted mark to those cars. We parked and joined the line of cars, headed out to the field, marvelled at the sear 'whyness' of it all, were given a can of paint from another tourist, and got to work. We realized that this is why people stop, it is just silly fun to write your name on those cars in the middle of nowhere. Giggling we posed and painted, and then decided it was time to go our way. A fun moment in our journey. Tomorrow will be Oklahoma City and the Survivor Tree.


Quotes of the day: "Can I have some crack?" all parties at some point
"It is so hot in here I can draw on myself with crayons" R
"I have numb butt" C
"R stop being weird to your sister" C
"I don't need to go anymore" KJ on viewing a dubious gas station that was preluded with signs saying turn back now, guns cowboys, and enter at your own risk

Fav sign: Happy Tracks Horse Motel"

No comments:

Post a Comment