About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anticipation

My head is abuzz with thoughts of the trip and everything that needs to be accomplished before we leave. It seems as if time has sped up, barely giving me the thought that the day has passed. I often find myself looking back to see if I actually accomplished anything. At the same time I know that time will only start to speed faster as departure day approaches, three weeks till we leave for CA to meet Amy and Eldon, and I can hardly wait. But at the same time I wish that time would slow down just a little. The week after we get back I will be leaving again, this time to a new teaching position. I feel woefully unprepared despite my best efforts to get a handle on what I am in for. All the feelings of excitement, fear, delight, self-doubt, happiness, and sadness are being tied together as I count down the days to the departures.

No comments:

Post a Comment