About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Personal Hell

... is filled with endless days and nights of planning math lessons and then having to teach them to my unsuspecting students while not betraying the fact that I hate every minute of it (math that is). I understand the value of it. I suffered through it during my time as a student. I applaud those that have chosen some form of math as their career. But as for myself I pity my students. I feel as if I am just turning them in circles as I try my best to explain the different math skills that they will need to know for their exams next year. This is not to say I loathe all forms of math. There were many kinds that I actually enjoyed learning as a student, never thinking that I would one day have to teach it. At this point, I just pray that we will make it through spatial sense and on to graphs without too many confused casualties.

No comments:

Post a Comment