About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Heading to the Great White North -Aug. 8

It has been a hectic month since returning from the road trip with the girls. First weekend back was a flurry of packing and an assembly line of wrapping/addressing boxes. At the time it seemed unreal that I would be leaving so shortly for a northern part of Quebec known as Nunavik. Flew out of Sudbury on the weekend of the 8th for Montreal and points north. Feelings: excitement, nervousness, peace, curiosity, and a tiny bit of fear. I love to fly. Doesn't matter if it is a small plane or a jumbo, it never fails to entertain. One thing that I find endlessly amusing about the Sudbury airport is that after you go through your scanners and security you still actually walk out onto the tarmac to board your plane; the airport is actually that small. Smooth flight, short and uneventful; just watching the scenery below drift by. A quick transfer in Toronto and the on towards Montreal. I met up with another teacher heading to orientation with my school board, nice to have a friendly face for the flight. During the flight I am one of those people that takes pictures from the windows of clouds and passing landscapes below. I make no apologies, I find it fascinating. Rainy as we descended into Montreal but the city light still shine to welcome travellers. After a bit of confusion trying to find luggage and the airport shuttles, my fellow teacher and I say goodnight. Hoping for a restful night before flying north tomorrow. Hotel was nice, cozy with a queen bed all for me. I found it difficult to settle down for the night despite the knowledge that I would have to be up early to catch the charter flight north, nerves and excitement making equal headway. Finally drifted off dreaming of the new school year ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment