About Me

My photo
Inukjuak, Quebec, Canada
Always up for a new adventure. I love Musicals, photography, my family, road trips, and beads. So far I have been fortunate enough to teach in Japan, South Korea, Kenya, and the Canadian Arctic. Currently in my 5th year in the frozen North and up for any new adventure.

Friday, October 8, 2010

A Wind Lullaby?

It seems as if the wind is a sign of the coming winter. It has been a constant sound; night and day. It comes mainly off the Bay headed inland and then onto the far coast. We have been under wind warnings for the last two days; gusts of 90+ kms from Hudson's Bay. It is interesting to note how the wind seems to affect the students we teach, for the past two days they have been decidedly off in both behaviour and work. Tonight the wind is strong enough to cause my house to shake, not much but enough that I feel a slight tremor. Even though I know the source of the sounds and movement I am finding it difficult to sleep tonight. Is it the wind? or merely my own thoughts that keep me from sleep? Probably a mix of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment